This workshop trains participants in concrete, highly transferable skills and tools to create more productive interpersonal interactions. Participants learn a framework for understanding effective communication and influencing and then apply these skills in the workshop setting.
With an emphasis on practice, participants in this workshop learn:
- A framework to prepare for important interpersonal interactions
- Self-awareness and control in communications
- Analysis of typical behavioral and thought patterns in difficult conversations
- New perspective and tools for engaging in difficult conversations
- Effective listening and discovery skills to maximize use of time “at the negotiation table”
- Tools to negotiate up, down, and across hierarchies
- Tools for cross-cultural negotiation
- Methods to engage in discovery conversations and manage the tension of wanting to “sell” despite the need to learn more
An integral component of the workshop is the application of the framework and tools to the participants’ upcoming difficult conversations. By understanding effective communication and influencing, participants are able to engage challenging issues within teams, across organizations, and with external parties. A workforce skilled in communications and influencing performs more effectively and efficiently in both internal and external business.