Strategic Negotiation Fundamentals trains participants in the proven best practices of negotiation. Participants learn tools and terminology developed at The Harvard Negotiation Project and refined in practice across a range of communities and industries. This interactive course introduces participants to the “Seven Elements” interest-based negotiation model through exercises, case studies, role plays, discussions, and teaching pieces.
Through this workshop, participants develop the following tools and action skills:
- The Seven Elements of negotiation
- Strategic preparation and review
- Creating and claiming value in negotiation
- Understanding and managing partisan perceptions
- Balancing advocacy and inquiry
- Goal setting in negotiation
Through this workshop, participants learn the essentials of negotiation practice. As a result, they are able to strategically prepare for negotiations, apply new tools for effective engagement at the negotiation table, and create better deals and stronger relationships.